How to apply for a hurricane re-entry pass.
The city of Sanibel is strongly advising residents, property owners, business owners, property managers, and essential personnel to make all necessary preparations ahead of the major hurricane expected to approach Southwest Florida on Wednesday, including a Sanibel Hurricane Reentry Pass.
The pass dated 2021 is the current one. You can obtain the applications from the Sanibel Police Department, at 800 Dunlop Road, or can be downloaded from the city website at https://www.mysanibel.com/government/police/useful-links/emergency-management
Instructions for completing the pass application:
- Select the application you need: Residential or Commercial
- Complete the entire application, including a valid email address
- Obtain a current verification document (acceptable documents are listed on the application); legible copies are acceptable
Submit the completed application, with verification document, by:
- Bringing it to the Sanibel Police Department for immediate issuance
- Faxing it to Sanibel Emergency Management at 239-472-6555
- Emailing it to Emergency.Management@mysanibel.com
- Mailing it to Sanibel Police Department, C/O Emergency Management, 800 Dunlop Road, Sanibel, FL 33957