Join in 2022 for our annual “Ding” Darling Day. This year’s family-centric event will be making the “great migration” across the Causeway to Lakes Park in Fort Myers to bring the Refuge to our local communities and a wider audience. The move is part of a larger Refuge System-wide Urban Initiative.
SCHEDULE OF FREE ACTIVITIES
(schedule subject to change)
April 24th, 2022
- 10 a.m. “Ding” Darling Day opens at Lakes Park. Check in at Welcome Table in Main Pavilion for free goodie bag (one per family) and information.
- 10 a.m. Ranger-led Urban Birding for Beginners: 30 minutes, 20-guest maximum
- 10 a.m. Caminata de Avistamiento de Aves: 30 minutos, 20 personas maximo
- 10 a.m. Bring-Your-Own-Bike Tour: 1-mile loop, 1 hour, 10-guest maximum
- 11 a.m. Mindfulness Walk: 30 minutes, 10-guest maximum
- 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Free Southern SnoBalls: Main Pavilion, compliments of DDWS with proof of “Ding” Day participation (while supplies last)
- 12 p.m. Ranger-led Urban Birding Walk: 30 minutes, 20-guest maximum
- 12 p.m. Caminata de Avistamiento de Animales de Urbanos: 30 minutos, 20 personas maximo
- 1 p.m. Nature Journaling Walk with Artist-in-Residence Rachel Pierce: 1 hour, 15-guest maximum