Although the traditional Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chamber of Commerce Holiday Luminary has been postponed until December 6-7, 2024, as part of the city of Sanibel’s 50th anniversary celebration, the holiday spirit remains alive on our beautiful islands.
“The holiday spirit thrives on these islands despite Luminary’s postponement this year,” said John Lai, chamber President and Chief Executive Officer. “The chamber is promoting activities that will keep the spirit alive and attract visitors during the days between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. The city of Sanibel will once again decorate the Periwinkle Way bike path canopy with lights to enhance the festivities.”
Here are a few highlights of the upcoming holiday season:
- The ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa on Captiva will host a tree-lighting ceremony with live music, snow, and fireworks. For more information and tickets, visit tween-waters.com/tree-lighting-celebration/.
- The J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel will offer Holiday Shopping after-hours at the Refuge Nature Store from 4 to 6 p.m. Visit dingdarlingsociety.org for more info
- The Community House and Saint Michael and All Angels Church on Sanibel will jointly celebrate Sanibel Lights from 4 to 7 p.m. For more information, visit sanibelcommunityhouse.net and saintmichaels-sanibel.org.
- The Sanibel Historical Museum and Village on Sanibel will host “Deck the Shore” from 4 to 6 p.m. Visit sanibelmuseum.org for info. Visit sanibelmuseum.org for info
- BIG ARTS on Sanibel will hold an Open House from 5 to 7 p.m. Visit https://bigarts.org/ for more info
- Bailey’s General Store and the Grog Shop will greet visitors with apple cider and beverage tastings at the historic service station at the Bailey Center on Sanibel from 5 to 7 p.m. Visit belltowerfl.com for more info
- Sanibel retail shops located at the Bell Tower shops in Fort Myers will participate in the Annual Bell Tower Tree Lighting & Luminary from 6 to 9 p.m. Visit fishofsancap.org
- F.I.S.H. of Sanibel-Captiva will host its 15th Annual F.I.S.H. 10K/5K on Sanibel, followed by the Sound+Waves Music Festival on the beach at the ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa on Captiva. For more information, to register for the race or for festival tickets, visit fishofsancap.org
- The Sanibel Recreation Center on Sanibel will host a Holiday Event & Youth Reindeer Run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, visit mysanibel.com
- Jerry’s Foods on Sanibel will celebrate from 5 to 8 p.m. with food and wine sampling, Boy Scout hot dogs by donation, ornament decorating, caroling, and Santa’s arrival. For more information, visit jerrysofsanibel.com
- The Sanibel Community Church on Sanibel will host its Luminary from 6 to 9 p.m. For more information, visit sanibelchurch.com
- The “Ding” Darling Wildlife Society-Friends of the Refuge will host a free Holiday Ice Cream Social beginning at 2 p.m. at The Roost outdoor pavilion at the J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel. Visit dingdarlingsociety.org more info
These are just a few of the many events and activities that are taking place on Sanibel and Captiva during the holiday season. For more information, please visit the websites of the Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chamber of Commerce and the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season on Sanibel and Captiva!